Below you will find 25 special education quotes about inclusion to help inspire you.
Special education is a unique field that aims to provide support and education to children and adults with disabilities. The goal of special education is to help individuals with disabilities to reach their full potential and achieve success in their academic and personal lives.
Special Education Quotes about Inclusion
Many notable individuals have shared their thoughts and ideas about special education throughout history.
Special Education Quotes
Here are some of the most famous special education quotes that continue to inspire and motivate educators, parents, and students alike.
- “Every student can learn, just not on the same day or in the same way.” — George Evans
- “Inclusion is not a strategy to help people fit into the systems and structures which exist in our societies; it is about transforming those systems and structures to make it better for everyone.” — Diane Richler
- “Special education is not a place. It's a service.” — Loretta Claiborne
- “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said.” — Peter Drucker
- “Inclusive education is not a privilege. It is a fundamental human right.” — Ban Ki-moon
- “The highest result of education is tolerance.” — Helen Keller
- “We need to give every individual the opportunity to reach their full potential, regardless of their background or circumstance.” — Cory Booker
- “Inclusive education seeks to address the learning needs of all children, with a specific focus on those who are vulnerable to marginalization and exclusion. The goal is to promote opportunities for all children to participate and be treated equally.” — Andie Fong Toy
- “No child left behind requires states and school districts to ensure that all students are learning and are reaching their highest potential. Special education students should not be left out of this accountability.” — Dianne Feinstein
- “It shouldn’t matter how slowly a child learns. What matters is that we encourage them to never stop trying.” ― Robert John Meehan
- “When inclusive education is fully embraced, we abandon the idea that children have to become ‘normal’ in order to contribute to the world. We begin to look beyond typical ways of becoming valued members of the community, and in doing so, begin to realize the achievable goal of providing all children with an authentic sense of belonging.” ― Norman Kunc
- “For those with learning disabilities, today's tools for differentiation no longer hold the stigma they used to nor highlight disabilities, but provide opportunities to find success in the classroom.” ― Sharon LePage Plante
Additional Special Education Quotes You Will Love
- “When you judge someone based on a diagnosis, you miss out on their abilities, beauty, and uniqueness.” ― Sevenly.org
- “Fairness does not mean everyone gets the same. Fairness means everyone gets what they need.” ― Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid
- “All of the children of silence must be taught to sing their own song.” ― Thomas Gallaudet
- “The secret in education lies in respecting the student.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” ― Ignacio Estrada
- “The gap between the abilities and capacities of children related to their learning, adjustment and development found at the time of their birth, may further be widened by the nature of the environmental difference encountered by them in their nourishment and education.” ― S. K. Mangal
- “It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” ― Maya Angelou
- “When we listen and celebrate what is both common and different, we become wiser, more inclusive, and better as an organization.” — Pat Wadors
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” ― Malala Yousafzai
- “Much education today is monumentally ineffective. All too often we are giving young people cut flowers when we should be teaching them to grow their own plants.” ― John W. Gardner
- “The great end of education is to discipline rather than to furnish the mind; to train it to use its own powers rather than to fill it with the accumulation of others.” ― Tyron Edwards
- “Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students and enthusiastic parents with high expectations.” ― Bob Beauprez
- “Great education is a combination of a supporting environment, dedicated teachers and students who take joy in learning.” ― Hermann J Steinherr
These famous special education quotes provide inspiration and guidance for those involved in the field of special education.
They remind us of the importance of individualized learning, inclusion, understanding individual differences, effective communication, and recognizing the potential of every individual.
By embracing these ideas and concepts, we can continue to work towards creating a more inclusive and supportive society for all individuals, regardless of their abilities.